We’re inspired by Fred Rogers who famously told the story of his mother’s encouragement to, “look for the helpers.” At StoryDriven, our mission is share encouraging stories with the world. Without those stories that remind us of our deeper connection, we won’t flourish.
Each week we share stories from around the world with you. We do this to inspire you to become a helper as well, in whatever way you feel led to do so. And sharing this post with others is a great way to spread the inspiration!
The newest links are at the top of each list.
- Musician Cristóvam from Portugal composes a song with footage shared from around the world.
- UNC students are learning in professor’s new virtual reality classroom during pandemic
- Sysco to donate 2.5 million meals in response to COVID-19 Pandemic
- A Raleigh, NC recruiting firm helps recruit volunteers to help the elderly.
- Seattle restaurant, Canlis, makes a hard pivot to save their restaurant, and community, via Fast Company.
- @Rebecca_Mehra helps shop for an elderly couple at the grocery who were too afraid to leave their car, via Twitter.
- The surprising way Durham Distillery is helping fight Coronavirus, via Garden&Gun
- Raleigh’s dining community rallies around restaurant associated with coronavirus case, via The News & Observer
- Amidst School Closures, Japanese Students Host Their Own Fun-Filled Graduation Ceremony on Minecraft, via Good News Network
- Stuck indoors due to quarantine, Italians spontaneously sing together from their balconies, via New York Times.
- Another link with more videos from Italy story (see above), via Good News Network.
- Two children put on a cello concert for an elderly woman
- The NC Baptist Aging Ministry has hotline for elderly to call in, 866-578-4673.
- Expensify reimburses grocery costs for families with SNAP benefits
- UNC team creates online toolkit for those supporting individuals with autism during COVID-19
- The CDC’s YouTube playlist of very helpful info related to COVID-19
- Audible is offering a selection of free audio books for children
- Durham marketer Brandon Hoe makes Bull City Responds website, offers template to anyone for their own city.
- Some of the best museums in the world have virtual tours can you can do from home.
- Free LinkedIn Learning courses related to working remotely.
- This commentator’s got no live sport so he’s commentating on everyday life and it’s brilliant
- The Green Screen Mama has been doing her thing before COVID-19, but she might give you some ideas for your next Zoom call!
- Equal parts inspiring and humorous, watch Star Trek captain Patrick Steward read Shakespeare sonnets each day on Instagram.
- This mother’s desperate prayer regarding home schooling may be relatable to a lot of parents.
If you know of an inspiring story we should share next week, please leave a link in the comments below!
Thank you for sharing this page with your network so more people can be inspired! And if you liked this post, be sure to subscribe to our newsletter to get more just like it.